Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beach Bound

In nine hours, our little family will be leaving our home behind and will be heading for the beach! Virginia Beach, to be exact. This is our first ever family vacation, so needless to say, we are very excited! We have taken some trips with my parents before, but we have never ventured out on our own, so the time has come.

I have been packing, making lists, and packing for over a month now, and I am officially ready to go. The prize bag (to bribe the girls in to being good) is packed, our little silver car is stuffed to the brim, new swimsuits are purchased (I have lost ten pounds), and we finally got a certain three year old to sleep, who is so excited to see the beach! Now I am just finishing up some odds and ends, and then I will head to sleep myself.

This past week was a good one, and I know that the rest of our summer will be great, but for now I am looking forward to some quality time with my husband and my girls. We plan on making sand castles, swimming, eating ice cream, riding bikes, going to the movies, and doing basically anything else that floats our boats. We have not even left yet, and I already feel refreshed.

3 comments:

Brady and Kristin said...

Have a great time! I'm jealous!
--Kristin :)

Paula said...

Hope your having fun, can't wait to see the tan and the pics!

Ryan and Angie said...

Have lots of fun! I wish we had the time and funds to do that too!