Monday, January 12, 2009

A Birthday for Boss

I love the man I married. I really do. I can honestly say that after five and a half years of marriage, he still takes my breath away when he walks in to the room and gives me that look that is meant only for me. I still love his crooked grin and his hazel eyes. I love holding his hand and listening to him talk. I love watching him with our daughters. He is their prince! I love how patient he is with me. Let's face it. I am a complicated, high maintenance, high strung, worrier of a woman, and he loves me anyway. And he doesn't just say that he loves me. He shows me on a daily basis. He shows me he loves me when he never forgets to kiss me goodbye. He shows me he loves me when he does my laundry week after week, and even puts it away! He shows me he loves me in more ways than I could ever list here. Have I mentioned that I love this man?

This weekend we were able to get away and celebrate his 32nd birthday. It was so relaxing and wonderful. We stayed at the Cincinnati Westin Hotel downtown, and our room overlooked the outdoor skating rink. It was beautiful! Boss got a massage, we ate at two fancy restaurants, we watched 7 Pounds, and spent some time at Starbucks. Boss, I hope your birthday was just what you wanted it to be. I love you!

Would you please pray for my husband? I know that God has amazing plans for his life! He is so talented, hard working, honest, and loyal. And he has a true vision for the future. There will be some meetings over the next couple of weeks that will determine his career over the next couple of years, and I simply want the best for him.

Boss, you are my best friend. I would be lost without you. Thank you for ALWAYS listening to my dreams, from the biggest one down to the silly ones. Thank you for working so hard, so that I can stay home. Thank you for handling the finances, so that our family is prepared for the future. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for choosing me. I love you.

No comments: