Monday, August 13, 2012

A Birthday Recap

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things


It's no secret that my BIG birthday has recently come and gone, so I now find myself in this new place called 30. And let me be the first to tell you that it still all feels a bit surreal. Very, very surreal. Sometimes, when I'm driving down the road, I glance in my rear view mirror and the sight that I see takes my breath away. Three children in the back seat call me Mama! HOLY COW! That makes me the grown up in this situation! And I'm really just not sure when all of this 'me growing into a grown up, having three children, and turning 30 years old' thing happened. In the blink of an eye, that's for sure. But here I am. And while it still feels a bit uncomfortable at times, while sometimes I want to throw in my apron and take off my heels (who am I kidding? I never wear either!), there really is no place else that I'd rather be at 30 years old. And that feels good.

Boss spoiled me rotten on my special day. I awoke to a decorated house, colorful streamers, balloons, and breakfast in bed! Boss made quiche! HE MADE QUICHE! It was so cute and sweet. He kept smiling, all proud of his homemade quiche. And I smiled because it was delicious. After that I went to a Pampered Chef party with some girlfriends, and my friend Kristin (the Cupcake Queen) brought me Starbucks. We have really only become friends this past year, and here she is, already speaking my love language of cupcakes and iced chai tea lattes! Thanks, Kristin! After Pampered Chef came my 1 hour relaxation massage. It was very relaxing! And then I came home and discovered that Boss had arranged a very special dinner for me with some of my very favorite people. (Have I ever mentioned that we spent Boss' 30th in the ER, because I was pretty sure I was dying of cancer, although it turned out just to be an anxiety attack?) So Boss could have just taken me to the hospital cafeteria and called it even, but he didn't. Instead, he spoiled me rotten and showered me with love, and made this entering in to a new decade thing a little bit less scary. So thank you, Babe. I love you a BIG one!

And a BIG thank you to all of you wonderful people who sent me well wishes, cards, gifts, and hugs. My journey this far in life is only this great because you walk the road with me. So here's to turning another year older! My prayer for this year is that the Lord would mold me more into His likeness each day, that I would use the gifts and resources He has blessed me with to serve others, and that I would continue to dream big dreams, and then step out of the way to watch Him work. So come on 30, I plan on knocking you out of the park! (Pretty good, for a girl who knows nothing about baseball, don't you think?!)