Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Give Thanks



This year I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for four little hands that tug at my heartstrings every day. I am thankful for the man who helps me raise our family.My best friend. I am thankful for our home in the country, the gorgeous tree out my kitchen window, our big dog who keeps my feet warm, and the teenage girls whom I am honored to work with. I am thankful for our extended families who help us with our girls. It takes a village to raise a child! I am thankful that for the very first time, Boss and I will be spending this season of Thanksgiving with BOTH of our families.

Yesterday was a hard day. I will not go into details, but some horrible things have been happening in our home that I was unaware of, and yesterday we removed the girl who was the source of the problems. I will never forget the look on her mother's face when we told her what had been happening. They will not be having a good Thanksgiving. Another one of our girls has been told that she will not being seeing her family tomorrow, and my heart breaks for her. The girls and I had a good cry last night over all that had taken place, but we have determined to make today beautiful.

We woke up this morning and turned on Christmas carols while we baked. Rain was falling outside, the whole house smelled like pumpkin and spice, and inside there were many smiling faces. Who could ask for more? I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, and remember to praise the One who is the giver of ALL good things!

Love Ben, Kendra, Emma, and Kate

No comments: