Monday, March 18, 2013

Pancake Perfection: A Birthday Breakfast

On Friday we were in need of a birthday breakfast for our boy. I wanted to come up with something spectacular, because you only turn three once. Also, because my children compliment me when I do something spectacular and I like compliments. I thought about pulling out the old cookbook, but cookbook's make me feel old, so I did what any mama of the 21st century would do. I logged into Pinterest. I typed birthday breakfast into the search engine, and there they were in all of their spectacular goodness.

Cake Batter Pancakes, or as I like to call them, Pancake Perfection.














Holy guacamole pancakes they were pretty, all covered in colorful sprinkles. Like the creator of this recipe, I am convinced the world would be a happier place if more tiny bits of colored goodness were involved. It was love at first sight. And I knew then that my boy must have them. I rose early that morning and my two youngest children helped me prepare a birthday breakfast fit for a king. We sifted and stirred and sprinkled. And we decorated, because a breakfast of pancake perfection requires decorations. And it's absolutely true that polka dot straws and striped cups make the morning milk taste better. Add three blue balloons for the birthday boy and your party table is complete.




















The recipe for these pancakes can be found HERE. How Sweet It Is is a delightfully funny blog full of delicious recipes. Check it out.

Make these pancakes. Your birthday boy will thank you. Your mouth will thank you. Your hips, not so much, but the rest of you will sing your pancake perfection praises.

You're welcome.





No comments: