Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Welcome to Miamisburg

In two days, my family will no longer be residents of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Had I even shared with you on the pages here, that that is where our family has been living? For the past year and a half we have worked as houseparents for Albuquerque Christian Children's Home, but our time here has come to an end. Boss' family lives in central Ohio, so we have decided that is as good a place as any to finally put down some roots. To raise our family on small town sunshine. I know some of you are thinking, Didn't your parents just move to Albuquerque, so that all of  you could be together?  And the answer to that question is, yes, they did. However, my ever faithful parents will also be joining us in Ohio in a few short months. We know that we are spoiled, and we are actually quite good with that.

We have bought a quaint little house in the town of Miamisburg, and we are very excited about beginning this new chapter in our lives. Miamisburg (which I am secretly convinced is Mayberry in disguise) will be quite an adjustment for a city girl like me, but I find it refreshing to think about raising my daughters in a town where everybody knows your name! So, there you have it. We are trading in our city life for a small home town, and we could not be more excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys! We are gearing up to leave tomorrow morning after my appointment...can't wait! Hope everything is going well and we are praying for Emma and that nothing serious is going on. Y'all should look into getting on Facebook.com...you would really enjoy it, Kendra! Anyway, just going to say hi, (by the way, Rhonda has a stack of your mail and wants your new address!) talk to you later, Kristin :)