Friday, March 9, 2007


It has been quite some time since I have updated the pages here, and so much has happened that I do not know where to begin. We have been without Internet service for so long, and my fingers are itching to type. I have felt disconnected from the outside world. On February 3rd, we left our life in Albuquerque behind, and headed out to our new life here in the Midwest (though I am still not sure why they call it the Midwest, because clearly we are in the North!). After 24 hours in the car and 12 showings of Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses, we finally arrived at Boss' parent's house. The next two weeks were a whirlwind of closing on our new home, Boss starting his new job, unpacking boxes (we only have about 10 to go!), and setting up house. Needless to say, we have only been here for a month and we are completely exhausted!

For the most part, things are going well. We arrived during a terrible winter storm that lasted for nearly the entire month, but at last the sun is shining. Today it is PERFECT iced tea weather (sweet iced tea, that is!). Our first night in our home, I gave the girls a bath upstairs and came back downstairs to find that the tub water had leaked through the dining room ceiling, and pieces of our brand new sheet rock were covering the dining room floor. However, a month and many frustrated tears later, our plumbing is finally in order and they should be coming to fix our ceiling in the next couple of weeks. Boss' job is, well it's going. He loves what he is doing, but his boss has turned out to not be the nicest person in the world, and we were lied to about the financial aspect of this position. We are currently praying that God will show us His will on some decisions that need to be made.

The girls are wonderful. Emma has had some issues adjusting, but she adores her new princess bedroom, and we have had fun having tea parties and reading stories in her pink princess bed. Kate is now pulling up on furniture and has her first two teeth. I am doing well, too. Some days I ask myself why I begged to be a stay at home mama, but most days I would not have it any other way. My babies are growing up so fast, and I don't want to miss a minute of it!

I think that is all for now. I will upload some pictures of our house in the next couple of weeks. Boss has painted the living room already, and we have plans for a few of the other rooms. It is definitely a work in progress, as are we, but we are thankful that it already feels like home, leaky ceiling and all. Thank you for taking the time to check in on our family.


Kristin said...

Hey there! just a quick note to say hi! Abby's about ready to eat again (little pig!) but i'm glad to see everything going good for you guys...we think about y'all alot! i'll try to get some more pics of abby up on our blog soon! take care, kristin

Angie said...

Hey! I am glad everything is going okay. I am sorry to hear about Ben's job. I called and you anwered but hung up and then when I called again my number was blocked. Well, I don't know what I did but I am glad everything is fine with you and the girls. We all miss you guys and would love to hear from you and get your contact info. Angie