Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Time Away



Since we became parents three and a half years ago, we have only left Emma for one or two weekends, and Kate for a night here or there. We have never left both girls simultaneously, and this weekend we are doing just that!

Boss and I have decided to make it a priority to take a romantic weekend each year to rest, rejuvenate, and reconnect. This year we are going to the above cabin in the Hocking Hills, and I am so excited! We have loaded up on snacks, books, play station games, quilting supplies, and movies, and we may or may not leave the cabin for the entire weekend.

We are busy, with a bust life, and the last month has been busier than ever. So this weekend is just what we need. I feel so blessed to be married to a husband who works as hard as mine does, but who also appreciates the beautiful and romantic side of life. Right now, life is very, very good. I am trying to savor every moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! Honestly, my first thought as I started reading was, "WHAT ABOUT GRACE!!" then I was reminded of what great 2nd parents you are when I continued reading... :) Have a wonderful weekend, just the three of you! Love you guys, Kristin