Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday Girl

















On July 8, 2004 at 9:20 pm, my life changed forever. After 22 hours of natural labor and 10 minutes of pushing, I delivered a 7 lb. miracle. I remember thinking, I can't believe she is mine! Those first few weeks of newborn life were a complete blur. While Emma started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, it took me much longer! I would lie awake and watch her, wondering what her life would be like. Who would she be?

And here we are FIVE years later, and my sweet, sensitive Emma is officially one whole hand old. Where has the time gone? I must confess, this turning five thing has been pretty hard for me. Much harder than the first birthday. What will I do when she turns 13? I don't even want to think about it.

At five years old, Emma is in to all things princess. She loves playing with her Tinkerbell play set and her Cinderella Castle. She also loves to play Starfall on the computer, and she loves to color and make crafts. She is a bit of a (girly) tomboy, and she loves to play with her friends outside. She can often be found holding a worm, a frog, a lightening bug, or some other creature in the great out of doors. I do not know where she gets her love of adventure from!

To celebrate Emma's special day, we started off by going swimming at the YMCA. They have a neat indoor pool and Emma LOVES to swim! That evening, we went to the mall where Emma received her present from Mama and Daddy. When I had asked her earlier that week what she wanted for her birthday, she told me that she wanted to get her ears pierced, so that is what we did! I am not in to piercing babies ears, but I had always said that when my girls were old enough to ask for it themselves, and to understand that it would hurt and they would have to take care of their ears, that they could get it done. This was Emma's year! She did cry for one minute after it was over, but she was so proud!

After we got her ears pierced, we ate supper at Bob Evans (Emma's favorite place to dine.) It was a very special day, and I am so thankful for this girl who is mine. Happy birthday Emma! God has great things for you! Enjoy being five!

For the Record:

At five years old Emma weighs in at 30 pounds and is 40 inches tall!

No comments: