Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane....Er, In A Sheep
















Tomorrow we are Lake Michigan bound and I could not be more excited. Seriously. We aren't flying (I've already discussed with you my feelings about enclosed spaces, terrorists, and crashing), but we are driving in my new sheep. My lovely new sheep. We call her a sheep because she is a she jeep. Get it? A sheep. Wow, I think I will keep my day job. We also call her Starr (with two r's, but that's another story for another day). Anyway, moving on. I love my sheep and am so excited to be heading out for our "back to school" family get-a-way in her for the very first time. Luggage crammed in the back, complete with strollers and a bouncy seat. Siblings snug as a bug in a rug in their carseats. Me and Boss man up front. I look forward to the traveling as much as I do to arriving at our destination! I love listening to music while we drive (lately our music of choice seems to be Hannah Montana. Believe me when I tell you that Boss man loves it. Seriously. When we play her he is thrilled), giving the girls a surprise of a new movie they have been wanting to see, munching on snacks, and getting to talk with Boss man. We like to talk about our lives and plan our futures while we drive. Okay, I like doing that, but Boss man loves me so he plays along. I don't know what it is about driving, but along with roads that seem endless, so does my list of possibilities. Anything seems possible on the wide open road. I know. I am strange like that. I will try and post while we are away, in keeping up with my month of Writing to Remember. I can't wait to post pictures of the many adventures that I am sure we will have. And when we return? One more week until summer 2010 will officially be over. Then it is back to business in the Zickafoose Zoo. And we will be ready!

No comments: