Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Saturday

image via Pinterest
With summer freedoms coming to a close and hints of fall whispering to me in the air, my creative juices are coming alive. I close my eyes and picture a warm fire, soft music, feet propped up, and me writing. Writing, writing, writing. Lately, it's all I want to do. I write in my head in the shower. I write in my head when I am driving home late at night, the children snug and asleep in the backseat. I write in my head while I should be finding rest. So many thoughts that seem to want to find their way out at once. But alas, there is never enough time in the day to put all of those thoughts to paper. Because in reality, I am not a writer. I am a mother. And mothering takes up most of my time, something I am so very thankful for, but it doesn't stop the words from coming. So I try to find a few minutes each day. To sit, to think, to record the happies, to write what I want to remember. And here is what I want to remember this particular Saturday...

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."

Henry David Thoreau, I think I might possibly be falling in love with you. You penned beautiful words, and I always seem to stumble upon them right when I need them most. So today, on this particularly stunning Saturday, I am going to put down my pen, close my computer, and then I am going to stand up and live. I think taking the children to the amusement park might be in order. Spins, thrills, laughter, fireworks, blue ice cream. If that isn't living, then I don't know what is.

Happy Saturday, friends. Make it a good one!