Thursday, August 23, 2012

30 During 30

Image Found Here

Remember my 30 Before 30 post? I wrote it last April, three months before my 30th birthday. Three months before I was certain that my life was going to change forever. Because I loved my twenties. LOVED them. I met Boss and my children in my twenties, my most favorite people on this planet. So my twenties were the best years of my life, to date. And I didn't want to leave them behind. Turning 30 sounded dull. Turning 30 sounded boring. Turning 30 sounded OLD. And I wasn't ready to be old, so I came up with a list. A list of 30 cool things (to me), 30 important things (to me), that I wanted to do before I actually turned the big 30. I was determined to make the most of my last days in my twenties. A carpe diem sort of thing.

However, as it usually does, life happened. And the items on my list didn't. Not most of them, anyway. But the list never strayed far from my mind, so I have decided that I am going to try and complete it once more. 30 During 30. It still sounds nice, I think. And twelve months to complete the list sounds a whole lot better than three. Because when you are old (like me), you tend to move a bit slower. It's quite rough, this aging thing, but I'm hanging in there. Still seizing the days (though many of them have been seized from the couch this summer, if I am being completely honest), still making the most of each moment, still dreaming big dreams and striving to life the life I have imagined. I'll be sure to keep you posted as I plug along!

No comments: