Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy at Home (Monday)

Image found Here

This picture was written for me. Completely and totally for me. Because here we are, another Monday under our belts, and I am somewhere in the overwhelmed category. Last week was one of those weeks. Nothing catastrophic happened, just another week that was stuffed to the gills with 'to do's'. To be completely fair, most of my to do's were scheduled well before I decided to learn the art of being happy at home, and some of them were simply necessary, but all of them added up have left me feeling a little on the crazy side. These last seven days were spent getting all of our homeschool items organized and our letter of intent into the state, playing phone tag with a new foster care agency and filling out necessary paper work (more on this soon), having a weekend sleepover with some sweet girls while their brother was in the hospital, second shooting at a wedding for my awesomely awesome photographer friend (I felt like a little girl playing dress up in her mama's heels....so out of my league!..... but so fun, too!), and having the dreaded money talk with Boss. And now my brain is tired and my bed is calling my name. I had planned on sharing with you our new family closet system (it rocks and has totally saved my homemaking life), but it looks like that will have to wait until next week. I know you will be waiting on pins and needles. The one thing that I will share though, is that tonight, I truly am happy to be at home! And perhaps tomorrow we can find our way back to a routine. Happy Monday, friends.

1 comment:

good+growing said...

Oh I love this. I am exactly this way - and I never realized it really until having children (I suppose because of the intense amount of routine that requires?).

Also, amen to a crazy feeling week, foster paperwork, and closet organization. Pins and needles is right! ;)